Imago is a long established, well respected and effective charity working across Kent, Medway, East Sussex and London to deliver a range of services to individuals, voluntary and community organisations, the public and private sector.
Our mission is to promote, develop and facilitate social action, support independence and empower communities. User and volunteer engagement, leadership and involvement in decision making are core principles.
We deliver a wide range of services in partnership with funders, public sector commissioners and private sector sponsors to children and young people, older people, carers, and volunteers.
Underpinning our work is a commitment to excellence, evidencing impact and safeguarding vulnerable people.
Imago offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of salary, contributory pension, healthcare benefits and 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
Due to the start of a new contract, Imago are seeking additional Children and Young People Club Assistants to cover every district across Kent
Up to 30 hours per month, consisting of weekend and evening work.
Staff must be able to work the following sessions:
Term Time - After school clubs – working hours 3.30pm until 6.30pm and Saturdays 9.30 am until 4.30pm.
Easter and Summer School Holidays Monday – Saturday 9.30am until 4.30pm.
The number of sessions worked are by arrangement.
Purpose of Role:
To work with colleagues to successfully deliver and develop a range of exemplary, innovative and responsive services to support Young Carers and Disabled Young People.
• Deliver local ‘respite clubs’ that are Young Carer/Disability focused youth groups
• Support children and young people to access mainstream community services
• Assist with and ensure any Safeguarding concerns that occur within the project are dealt with appropriately with the support of Imago’s Safeguarding Lead
• To undertake regular evaluation of the services provided ensuring that Young people’s experiences are at the heart of evaluation.
• Attend training, team meetings and regular supervision
• Any other tasks and responsibilities that may be identified as necessary as the service evolves and develops
• Knowledge of the needs of Young Carers/Disabled Young People, Social Care system for both Children and Adults
• Knowledge of issues relating to Disability, Long term illness, Mental health and Substance misuse
• Ability to stay calm in a crisis and be measured in your response; be non- judgemental and measured in your actions
• Excellent oral communication and written skills, good organisational and time management skills
• Self-reliant and able to work with minimal supervision, as well as good team working skills
• A willingness to work flexibly
• A commitment to equal opportunities, diversity and making services accessible to all sections of the community
• Excellent computer skills, including the use of social media
• Relevant personal or professional experience in social care, health, education, private or voluntary and community sector
• Hold a current driving licence and have access to own transport is essential
• Personal experience of being a Carer
• Knowledge of policy and legislation relating to Carers/Disabled Young People
Post is subject to references and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
Please either submit your CV with a short covering note outlining your CURRENT SALARY and or visit our website at www.imago.community for a full application.
Imago recognises that many people in our society experience discrimination or lack of opportunity for reasons that are not fair. These include: race, religion, creed, colour, national and ethnic origin, political beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability (including mental illness), HIV status, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity status, responsibility for dependants, appearance, geographical area, social class, income level or criminal record.
Imago aims to create a culture that respects and values each other’s differences. Imago sees these differences as an asset to our work as they improve our ability to meet the needs of the organisations and people we serve. We proactively seek to increase opportunities for inclusion, and celebrate diversity across our organisation and within the communities we serve.
9 days ago
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details