‘Roma in the Lead’ Project Manager
Employer: Red Zebra Community Solutions
Salary: £30,000 pro rata
Contract: 3 year fixed term contract
Location: Covering Kent and Medway (Thanet, Dover, Shepway, Gravesham and Medway) Office locations will be Medway and Dover.
Hours: 30 hours per week (4 days)
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Britain’s vote to leave the EU has caused concern and uncertainty amongst Roma migrants regarding their future in the UK; there is a firm belief that their legal rights of residence and access to healthcare and other public services are no longer assured. Following the referendum there has been a sharp increase in the number of hate crimes towards ethnic minority groups which has created further barriers to integration. We have been awarded Big Lottery – ‘Reaching Communities’ funding for the next 3 years to fund a ‘Roma in the Lead’ project, which aims to address issues Roma migrants face around integration and difficulties in accessing services.
A large number of projects consult groups but we believe the best way forward is to have people in charge and control of their own destiny. The Project Manager will engage, and represent Roma people by actively recruiting 3 part time employee posts from the Roma Community, to truly represent community and individual needs, and address how they can improve trust and access to services, thus building stronger more resilient communities.
• Creating Strategic Partnerships with Kent Police, Kent Fire and Rescue, Health, County and District Councils and any other statutory organisations to improve trust and develop clear pathways to access to services
• Develop clear links and foster a culture of trust within the Roma Community
• Look at best practice on a local, national and European level
• Management of development officers, including 1-2-1’s, Personal Development Reviews and supporting their ongoing personal development
• Develop an overarching Communications and Marketing strategy
• Monitor all Data Protection and data sharing protocols
• Secure additional and/or match funding to make this project extend beyond the life of the project and to be sustainable
• Write progress, management, and evaluation reports
• Liaise and report to the Steering Group
• Attend all necessary strategic meetings and network with organisations, charities, statutory authorities and other appropriate agencies to increase the network and take-up of support to engage with the Roma Community
• Deliver training, presentations and attend events as a Public speaker in formal or informal settings
• Manage budgets in line with the projects miles stones and time line
• Any other core business as and when required
Driver – clean driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential. (Mileage at -40p per mile will be paid). Willing to travel across Kent to develop and manage the project.
Flexibility – willing to change days and times work to attend all essential meetings and other work flows as appropriate. Some evening and weekend work may be required to hold events.
Initiative – This is an extremely proactive role where you must be able to demonstrate considerable initiative and creativity in order to achieve desired outcomes.
DBS – Due to the nature of this role the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
Closing date for application forms is Friday 15 September 2017. Initial interviews are on Thursday 21 and Friday 22 September 2017. A final interview will consist of a presentation and panel interview – the date of this will be advised. For an application form/person specification and further information please contact Head of Operations – Jenny Walsh on 01227 772248 or [email protected]
Please note we do not accept CV’s.