Shift Team Leader
- Advertiser: Red Eagle Ltd
- Contact:Elyse Waghorn
- Reference:LG - 500 - 6666
- Unique ID:858635
- Location: Maidstone, Kent
- Salary:£20,000 - £22,000
- Job Type:Full-Time, Permanent
- Date:Wednesday 11th January 2017
Red Eagle Recruitment are looking to recruit 2x Shift Team Leader (1 x permanent and 1 x 12 months) Leaders for our FMCG client.
TO APPLY FOR THE ROLE PLEASE APPLY WITH AN MS WORD DOCUMENT CV ONLY
Shift Team Leader Role:
To lead an efficient, continuously improving, production area/line, optimising product quality, GMP, customer service, cost and health & safety. Specific responsibilities include delivering consistent daily performance targets with a well-trained team where there is open communications at all levels.
Manage area / line performance (health and safety, labour, materials, customer service)
• Ensure data recording takes place and is complete. Examples include compliance to QAS, GMP,
health and safety, KPI boards, line efficiency, yields, waste, give-away and downtime.
• Ensure that all resources (plant, labour, materials and packaging) are in place to deliver the
• Control the yield and usage of all components to ensure standard weights / quantities are achieved
at all stages of the process.
• Control all downtime to a minimum where issues are acted upon immediately and incidents of more
than 10mins are reported to the Shift Manager.
• Provide information of issues to the daily production meetings to ensure that all opportunities for
improvement are captured and implemented.
• Conduct effective handover to the incoming Team Leader by walking the area / line and reviewing
Actively promote the personal development of all staff
• Appraise the performance through Personal Development Reviews and training opportunities of the
• Challenge underperformance of individuals and liaise with the Shift Manager to resolve.
• Ensure training schedules are delivered, to maintain a fully flexible team.
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement and empowerment.
• Contribute to effective two-way weekly team briefings with all staff.
Ensure resources are available to meet the needs of the area / line
• Ensure raw materials and packaging is available to meet the production plan.
• Ensure staff skills and numbers are in place.
• Report all issues to the Shift Manager immediately.
Ensure compliance with all company, technical and legislative policies and procedures
• Ensure the area / line meets all company policies, procedures and legal requirements with regard to
health & safety, environment, GMP, food safety and employment law.
• Implement the highest standards within the factory to deliver premium quality products to company
• Ensure a safe working environment for all employees by supporting and enforcing Health & Safety
standards on site health & safety at all times.
• Ensure all HACCP procedures are adhered to at all times, and CCP’s are controlled within
• Ensure all start-up check documentation is completed to ensure a safe, efficient and hygienic
This position is being advertised by a recruitment agency.