- Advertiser: South East Water HR Department
- Contact:South East Water HR Department
- Unique ID:855502
- Location: Snodland, Kent
- Salary:£39000 per annum + depending on experience
- Job Type:Full-Time, Permanent
- Date:Wednesday 18th January 2017
South East Water supplies drinking water to 2.1 million customers across Kent, Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire. Daily, we supply 565 million litres of drinking water along more than 14,000 kilometres of mains to our customers' taps.
We are seeking a Civil Engineer with experience in technical delivery of water engineering projects to join our busy Engineering Team. You will hold a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent degree or training and will ideally be working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer or equal. The Civil Engineer will be responsible for the technical deliverables on Projects including reservoir repair and maintenance and water network improvements, working under direction from a Senior Civil Engineer.
Experience of supervising junior staff, the ability to work closely with peers, good technical report writing and editorial skills and good oral communication are the essential characteristics and attributes for this role whilst also having technical competence with the ability to exercise sound engineering judgement and decision making where appropriate. You will be an ambitious driven individual who is analytical and innovative. You will pay attention to detail to ensure your professional reports require minimal editing and re-working. You will be able to work independently as well as being a team player and able to integrate seamlessly with our friendly and dynamic organisation.
Responsibilities & Duties include:
* Undertaking detailed line by line calculations and checks of calculations
* Carrying out feasibility studies with option appraisals for optimal and buildable solutions and then proceed to detailed design
* Finding innovative ways of delivering more output for less design cost
* Ensuring technical delivery meets project objectives in terms of health & safety, quality and efficiency targets
* Supervision of junior engineers providing mentoring as required
* Advising on appropriate inputs for programmes, estimates and contract preparation
* Liaising with contractors and sub-contractors working in an integrated design team
* Liaison with customers, internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery and to maintain and enhance the reputation of South East Water
* Liaison internally at all levels with the Department and with external stakeholders
This post is subject to a basic criminal record check and Right to Work in the UK.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, a minimum of 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme (in which the maximum Company contribution is 10%) and life assurance scheme.
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.