Support Worker / Team Leader
- Advertiser: Elysium Supported Living
- Contact:Madeline Painter
- Unique ID:854018
- Location: Maidstone, Kent
- Salary:£17,264 - £19,968
- Job Type:Any, Permanent
- Date:Friday 23rd December 2016
We are currently recruiting for staff to complement our existing teams in the following areas:
Maidstone, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and East Peckham.
Elysium Supported Living is a small, family run company striving to offer something different. We provide support services for adults with learning disabilities and complex needs in the local community and focus on encouraging independence whilst offering a truly person centred approach to care and support.
Elysium also offers a unique opportunity for staff. Due to the 24/7 nature of the support we provide, we are able to offer flexible working for our staff with guaranteed contracted hours. We can accommodate full or part time working and do not do drop in / drop out calls. We offer meaningful support to our service users, and as a result, sensible shifts for staff. We also offer a comprehensive training and support package for staff meaning that we do not require any previous experience / qualifications. All new staff will receive an in-depth induction and training period, as well as consistent mentoring and support throughout.
Post: Support Worker / Lead Support Worker / Senior Support Worker / Team Leader / Waking Night positions also available
Reporting to: Manager
Pay: £17,264 – £19,968 Dependent on experience & position (Full Time)
To provide direct care and support to service users, assisting and enabling the development of social, personal and domestic skills as part of a committed team. Promoting meaningful engagement in their local communities and encouraging independence, choice and achievement of goals/ambitions.
We are looking for staff that have a full UK driving licence and use of a car as some activities and day services that are accessed by service users are not on public transport routes. All positions are subject to reference checks and enhanced DBS.
Our rotas are worked around our service users so we need staff who are flexible and able to work within a rota pattern that covers 24hrs. All of our hours are arranged to provide meaningful support to service users.
Unlike other providers, we DO NOT require any previous experience or qualifications as we provide consistent and comprehensive training that goes beyond mandatory training. ALL staff are supported with completion of Health & Social Care Diplomas up to level 5 if they wish (level dependent on position).
We need support staff who are motivated and willing to support the continued development of both the service users and services provided.
• As per a service users individual support plan, encourage and facilitate service user independence, autonomy, personal choice and learning new skills.
• Support in planning social/vocational/educational activities and support to attend these and all other necessary appointments and day services as needed.
• Develop and maintain good professional working relationships both within Elysium, with service users and with other outside agencies/professionals.
• Assist with administering/monitoring medication where needed and to keep accurate records. To maintain all other necessary documentation for service users, which will include regular reviews and updates of information working alongside the team leaders.
• Elysium is an organisation committed to equality for all people irrespective of race, gender, creed, colour or disability. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that all persons living or working within the service is afforded opportunities equally.
The above job description may be adjusted according to the developing service and service user’s individual needs in conjunction with the post holder.
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.