- Advertiser: The Abbeyfield Kent Society
- Contact:Dawn Hustler
- Unique ID:841530
- Location: Maidstone, Kent
- Salary:£7.43 per hour
- Job Type:Any, Any
- Date:Tuesday 21st February 2017
Do you enjoy seeing older people happy and fulfilled? Could you go out of your way to bring a smile to one of our resident’s faces?
The Abbeyfield Kent Society is one of Kent’s leading providers of Sheltered and Residential Care to older people with physical frailty and Dementia.
We are recruiting for Cook/Support Workers to join our flexible teams across Kent to provide care and support on a rota basis when required within the supported home.
Responsibilities will include preparing, cooking and serving main meals along side creating a family atmosphere, making the house happy and homely, welcoming active and friendly interest in the house and encouraging residents to remain involved with the community and to be active.
We’ve lots to bring a smile to your face, including:
• 28 days paid holiday (pro-rota if part time)
• Comprehensive Induction and Training Packages
• Continual professional development including our Academy and National Diploma courses
• Stakeholder Pension Scheme
• Opportunities to progress.
• Exclusive discount card entitling employees to a huge range of great local offers, deals and discounts online and at point of sale from over 100 well-known local and nationwide travel, shopping, leisure, health & wellbeing, home living, motoring and professional services.
The Abbeyfield Kent Society pays the National Living Wage to all its employee’s not just those over 25.
So if you have a caring attitude, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, are able to carry out instructions, are willing to train and you’re committed to providing the highest standards in care we’d really like to hear from you. And our residents can’t wait to meet you.
Confirmation of all appointments is subject to proof of Eligibility to Work in the UK, satisfactory Enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references and medical clearance.
A copy of our application pack for this role can be obtained on request by emailing email@example.com or by telephoning 01634 729173.
Please return completed application packs to:
The Abbeyfield Kent Society
Kent ME2 1AB
The Abbeyfield Kent Society values the diversity that exists in all our communities and works towards this being reflected in our workforce.
The Abbeyfield Kent Society pays at least the National living Wage to all of it's employee's, regardless of age.
Charity No: 254140.
Follow us @AKS_jobs on Twitter!
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.