We are looking for an HR Assistant to undertake a variety of HR administrative duties from our office based in Canterbury, Kent.
The HR Assistant duties involve a wide range of support activities inside our HR department, from coordinating meetings to maintaining our employee database to posting job ads. An important part of your role will be to act as the liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions. You’ll also assist in creating policies, processes and documents.
HR Assistant skills we’re looking for include excellent organisation ability, familiarity with HR software and strong communication skills. To be an ideal candidate for the human resources assistant position, you should also hold an HR-related qualification and have some experience in our industry. You should be able to work autonomously and remain calm under pressure. You will receive relevant training to be able to assist the HR Manager in the whole recruitment lifecycle.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure our HR department is organised and operates smoothly to attract, hire and retain our employees.
• Assist with day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties
• Undertake BS7858 training and pass relevant test
• Provide clerical and administrative support to HR Manager
• Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
• Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance
• Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes
• Deal with employee requests regarding HR issues, rules, and regulations
• Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, leaves, etc)
• Communicate with public services when necessary
• Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures
• Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
• Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
• Assist our recruiters to source candidates and update our database
Requirements and skills
• Proven experience as an HR Assistant, or relevant human resources/administrative position
• Fast computer typing skills (MS Office, in particular)
• Hands-on experience with an HRIS or HRMS
• Basic knowledge of employment law
• Excellent organisational skills
• Strong communications skills
• CIPD qualification