Claims Handler - Property & Liability
Hybrid Working - 2 days in London & 3 days WFH
Salary - £open (dependent on skills & experience)
Our client is a leading UK insurer who underwrite a range of commercial risks via a network of brokers and provide delegated authority to selected third parties.
This role will require the candidate to possess a good understanding of property and liability insurance, have a keen grasp of figures and be comfortable and confident when speaking with policyholders, brokers, loss adjusters and solicitors. You will handle all aspects of claims from first notification through to final settlement.
* To respond to all new claims advices designated for your handling in a timely fashion and to maintain a record of all such claims. This will include setting up files and to obtain supporting documentation to allow settlement of such claims.
* Where applicable the appointing of specialists from the panel used by the company which will include loss adjusters, engineers and solicitors.
* Respond to queries from Policyholders, Brokers and any other applicable party in the appropriate manner.
* Correspond with Policyholders and brokers to request supporting documentation for claims to enable a timely validation and settlement whilst maintaining a commercial attitude towards settlement.
* Liaise with departmental manager and team members where there are material concerns.
* Attend all internal and external claims meetings where relevant.
* Experienced claims practitioner with 5 years or more UK commercial experience.
* Good understanding of UK property and liability insurance
* Have a keen grasp of figures and be comfortable and confident when speaking with policyholders, brokers, loss adjusters and solicitors.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* High level of attention to detail and high level of accuracy
* Willingness to take responsibility and accountability
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft products including Outlook, Excel and Word
Ref ~ 8480
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.