An opportunity has arisen for a Training and Development Officer to join the new department Commercial Services and Estates following the merger of two large and significant areas. The Department employs circa 533 staff in a diverse range of roles, the training and development of our staff is an important focus for our teams.
With a passion for training and development and working as part of the HR team you will ensure accurate training records are maintained, staff are attending all statutory and relevant job-related training, deliver courses as required and support with apprenticeships.
Strong communication skills and experience are essential as you'll be communicating with a large variety of stakeholders. You will also need to be highly organised and able to work independently.
As a member of our team at the University of Kent, you can expect a friendly, open and collaborative working environment and support in your development and wellbeing throughout your time with us. Our beautiful main campus in Canterbury is set among green and tranquil open space overlooking the spectacular Cathedral. You'll enjoy a range of great staff benefits including
1) Hybrid working options allowing a flexible blend of office and home working (to be agreed in line with business needs)
2) 43 days' leave per year (personal leave, bank holidays and additional days allocated for the Christmas period, pro rata for part-time staff)
3) Excellent pension scheme with generous employer contributions
4) On campus cinema/theatre, sports facilities, library, nursery (Canterbury) and food outlets
5) Study while you work discounts, cycle to work scheme, local business discounts
6) On site parking
Please see the links below to view the job description and to apply for this post. For questions about the application process, please contact [email protected] giving the job title.