Based in Sevenoaks, Kent, Mercury Holidays is a multi award-winning travel company taking customers abroad for almost 40 years. We are on the look out for talented, outgoing, travel enthusiasts to join our Customer Experience Team. You will be selling holidays, tours and cruises to worldwide destinations to our customers and travel agents as well as dealing with pre-departure enquiries. We offer on the job training so previous travel and/or sales experience is not essential but would be advantageous.
This is a remote role but you will need to attend our office in Sevenoaks, Kent for a 3 week initial training period.
To promptly deal with all customer interactions throughout the customer lifecycle. To maximise conversion opportunities and to deliver outstanding customer service.
Responsibilities and Tasks
• To ensure all incoming calls are answered promptly and dealt with to the best of ability.
• Respond to and follow up any sales or customer care enquiries received by post, email, telephone, webchat or any other channel.
• To accurately complete bookings and amendments following instructions and using correct codes, prices and taking care to update new client database.
• Maximise upsale opportunities by ensuring that clients are offered all upgrades and extras on every booking.
• Assisting clients with all further customer care activities including collecting payments, booking ancillaries with airlines, informing clients of changes to their holiday, processing brochure order requests and general queries from the clients.
• Attend any relevant training/educational visits provided by the company to develop knowledge and skills.
• Ensure clients are sent any relevant holiday documentation upon booking and explaining online check in and Manage my Booking.
• 37.5 hours, 5 days per week between the hours of 9:00am and 7:00pm, Monday through Sunday. Please note this role involves working at the weekend.
• Any other duties deemed necessary by either your Supervisor, Manager or Director.
• Customer centric attitude
• Professional and courteous in all interactions verbal or non-verbal
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to deal with difficult situations or points of conflict
• Experienced in a customer facing role in a busy environment
• Experience in travel is desirable
What we’re looking for
• Great telephone manner - professional and outgoing
• Excellent organisational skills
• Good communication skills - both written and verbal
• Good PC skills
• A passion for travel and customer service
• Remote Working
• On the job training
• Team building events
• Educational visits and opportunities
• Discounted Travel
• Christmas Party
• Occasional Pizza Fridays
• Company Pension Scheme