Based in our Marden office, Burtons Medical Equipment is one of the leading suppliers of Veterinary Equipment in the UK, coving the full range of equipment from Anaesthesia to X-ray.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual to join us in the newly created position of Customs and Logistics Administrator. We are looking for an individual with experience of the customs process to develop the role; ensuring compliance and uniformity with the company along with operational efficiency. Aiding our ever-expanding Sales, Servicing and Purchasing departments with their Export and Import requirements.
Duties will include facilitating companies’ Export/Import requirements, developing a knowledge base, organising customs clearance for companies’ journeys to Ireland and completing order process, processing declarations, overseeing companies Inward/Outward processing relief, and overseeing companies’ accuracy of Commodity codes & Country of Origins, along with other information in stock file.
Successful Applicants will need:
· to ideally have customs experience, as preferred & advantageous
· be motivated with high accuracy level
· have a willingness to learn, research, understand and develop processes
· be well organised with excellent IT skills
· can work efficiently on their own and part of a team, along with inter-department cooperation
· have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
If you are looking for a position that will provide you with new challenges and a variety to your working day we would like to hear from you.
· Normal Office Hours – Monday to Friday – 8.30am – 5.00pm
· Company Pension Scheme
· 33 days Annual Leave including Bank Holidays
· Staff Events – Summer Party and Team events
· Countryside based office within walking distance of a mainline train station
· Salary – Dependent on experience – c.£28,000 - £30,000
Please email your CV, along with a cover letter to Nicola by clicking the apply button.