Premier Work Support are pleased to be partnering with a leading distributor of fuel and lubricants, to recruit for a permanent Group Transport Manager based in the Bexley area.
This is a key role within the business to have overall responsibility for the day to day running of the Transport Department and the supervision of all Transport staff including Transport Supervisors, transport assistants and all drivers.
* To oversee the planning and co-ordinating of maintenance on all Company vehicles
* Drivers Hours compliant with WTD and EU Hours.
* Driver PDP, CPC Training to be scheduled in timely order to ensure staff are constantly suitably trained.
* To ensure all safety equipment carried on company vehicles is kept in good working order.
* To oversee and ensure transport personnel are provided with adequate and suitable PPE.
* To oversee the booking of all driver ADR training and booking all driver inductions at the various terminals
* To liaise with VOSA and the Security Services regarding vehicle security throughout all depots.
* To allocate and manage vehicles according to changing logistical needs by moving, purchasing or selling as needed within a framework given by the Directors
* To be involved in the buying of product as needed within a framework given by the Directors.
* To deal with disciplinary issues in conjunction with HR when required.
* Employing new drivers in conjunction with HR when instructed to do so by the Directors
* Ensure the general aims of the Company are complied with and that all procedures are adhered to
* Maintaining our FORS accreditation
* Current holder of CPC in National Road Haulage Operations
* Road haulage experience
* Fuel industry experience is preferred, but not essential
This is Monday - Friday role, with the hours of 8am - 4pm