We are working with a global manufacturing company to resource for a Developer to join an existing IT team. Reporting to the IT Services Manager, you will be provide services for a number of businesses within the Group - in the UK, the US and India.
As an Application Developer for FSIS you will be working for a dynamic team which uses technology as a business enabler. FSIS has several control application which have been developed with VB.Net and you will be supporting and modernising these solutions. In addition, you will provide support for the current VB.Net applications as well as developing new applications and will head the VB.Net modernisation program to include providing Web front end applications for the control systems.
* Net application development and support.
* Support existing SQL database packages and procedures
* Developing Web front end for existing and new applications.
* Engage in all areas of SDLC - testing, documentation, implementation and release management process for the systems.
* Support and develop interfaces between the VB.Net, Web applications and other business solutions.
* Implement security and data protection measures for existing and new applications.
* Understand and perform maintenance of systems including diagnosis and resolution of technical problems which may be of a complex nature.
* Prepare system documentation including technical and end user manuals.
* Evaluate new products and technologies as required by the business.
* Keep up to date with relevant technology related to the company's software solutions, which may include attending conferences and training.
* Review of current systems and presentation of ideas for system improvements
With a passion for IT and learning about existing and new technologies, you will have knowledge of VB.Net, MySQL, MS SQL, JAVA Script, GIT version control processes and the ability to produce detailed specifications and write program code and develop effective testing procedures.
To apply you should have experience of working with MSSQL and MySQL, be proficient in understanding software testing and possess experience of front end languages and be degree educated (or equivalent) in a relevant subject and demonstrate comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of desktop and web application development, using data from back-end database.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975. Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all. Twitter: @nagforjobs