Our Client is an established company based in Ashford who continue to enjoy sustained growth are looking for Fork Lift Truck Drivers (In-house and expired licences accepted, as a refresher can be offered for the right individuals) to join its developing warehouse team.
We are looking for driven individuals to join the team who will help to achieve targets at the same time as delivering a good level of customer services. The Warehouse is very busy and you will be dealing with fast moving consumer goods, the role requires working within in a Chilled warehouse in a busy and fast paced environment.
This position will be based in the cold store.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* General Duties - Be able to liaise with Supervisors/Management regarding all general Warehouse duties and procedures. Responsive to change, and ability to be flexible in a sometimes demanding, unpredictable work environment. Have a willingness to learn new skills.
* Complete Paperwork - To complete paperwork and any associated administrative tasks related to the role.
* Enforce Regulations - Must follow company policies and procedures, and ensure that Health & Safety regulations are being enforced to meet safety compliance. Ensuring safe movement of pallets in the yard, fridges, dry store and warehouse.
* In loading of packaging - Carefully unloading of product, ensure all product is checked and booked in correctly and to report any issues to a manager. Guaranteeing safe unloading and loading of vehicles.
* Hygiene standards - Maintaining good hygiene standards in the yard, fridges, dry-store and warehouse.
* Use of equipment - Safe use of the barrow trucks, forklifts and floor scrubber (when trained to do so). Ensure that all safety checks are done for equipment.
* Orders - Ability to make up orders for dispatching.
* Teamwork - Working well as part of a team and assisting others and offering advice or guidance.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties.
You will be perform and facilitate different tasks as required by your changing role within the Company, and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
The role is: Full-time, temporary assignment with a view to go permanent.
Night shift patterns available.
Salary: £11.35 - £12.45 per hour for night shifts. Schedule: 10 hour shift. 4 on, 4 off.
Previous employment within the food sector or working within a chilled environment would be an advantage.
If you are interested please send your CV now for an interview with potentially an immediate start!
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975. Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all. Twitter: @nagforjobs