Commercial Management Accountant | Holborn / Home Working | 60-70k + bonus + package
Our client, an impressive and high growth international group with exceptional profit margins and exciting plans for the next few years, is seeking to appoint a driven and ambitious, high calibre Commercial Management Accountant to join their Holborn based finance team. With excellent career potential and the opportunity to really add value in a period of transition, this role will suit a candidate who is looking for a challenging and varied role, at the heart of a dynamic group that is going through significant growth and change, backed by one the UK’s leading Private Equity groups, with an unrivalled network of customers globally.
The role offers hybrid working with c2 days per week in their Holborn offices (individuals are welcome to do as many days in the office as they prefer) and c3 days a week from home.
Reporting into the Group Financial Controller and acting as their number 2, principal accountabilities focus on playing a pivotal part in the delivery of management reporting and commercial insight, with both local and global oversight, whilst business partnering with key stakeholders to aid them in managing their budgets against forecast and delivering key analysis.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and costings information, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data reported working with
internal and external stakeholders across multiple countries and entities
• Transitioning entity level management reporting into this role where feasible
• Preparation of annual budgets collaborating with operational and functional leaders
• Development, preparation, and analysis of monthly financial MI and KPIs
• Advising on the financial implications of business decisions
• Informing key strategic decisions and formulating business strategies to generate shareholder value
• Controlling and forecasting income and expenditure, and ensuring expenditure is in line with the budget
• Recommending strategies to manage or reduce costs
• Analysing and managing risk
• Offering professional input on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance
• Effectively communicating financial data to non-financial managers
• Regularly review and recommend process improvements to continuously strive for excellence in the management accounting process
and service to stakeholders.
Qualifications / attributes
• Commercially focussed, qualified Accountant with minimum 3 years PQE and min. 4 years working experience in a similar role
• Experience of revenue models and deferred revenue accounting would be highly advantageous
• Excellent skills in Excel and knowledge of ERP systems
• Drive and ability to work independently and pro-actively
• Possesses good organisation, communication, and interpersonal skills and the confidence and the ability to influence individuals
• Practical knowledge and experience of IFRS reporting