Come & join our passionate, committed & innovative team at Polypipe Building services helping construction build better with safe & sustainable mechanical service for commercial buildings by continuing to be the UK’s leading provider of sustainable water, climate and ventilation management solutions for the built environment.
About the role:
Our Aylesford, Kent site is currently looking for a Injection Moulding Serviceperson/Operator to join the Injection Moulding team.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Ensure production outputs are achieved on time and in full
• Ensure quality standards are achieved at all times
• Ensure product once inspected is placed into bags and, or boxes with relevant labels and safely packaged and stacked onto a suitable pallet.
• Ensure all relevant data is captured / collected and entered onto appropriate systems
• When product is booked onto system and the relevant forms / labels issued the product can be moved to either the working progress or finished goods stores
• Operation of the case erector machine to produce boxes for the shift
• Wherever possible ensure that a programme of continuous improvement is undertaken
• Ensure a clean and safe working area for yourself and others
• Ensure all waste products are separated into their designated containers
• Communicate with the warehouse, purchasing, planning and assembly departments to ensure efficient and correct movements of products and consumables.
• Manage moulding consumables usage to ensure availability.
• Communicate important issues during handovers at the beginning and end of the shift.
Our ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, experience, skillset and
• Be willing to work as part of a team and under own initiative.
• Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Have a desire to learn and develop new skills.
• Be able to demonstrate good communication and problem-solving.
• Numeracy skills and attention to detail - ability to undertake basic calculations with confidence is essential.
• Basic computer skills required however relevant software training will be provided.
• Previous experience of forklift truck would be an advantage although not essential as full training is provided.
Shifts: Rotating 3 shift (06:00 – 14:00,14:00 -22:00, 22:00 – 06:00), 5 day working shift pattern (Monday – Friday)
Salary: £21,500 – £23,500 Depending on experience (Band 3)
What’s in it for you:
Polypipe Building Services are also proud to have been awarded an Investors in People – Silver award.
In addition to the opportunity to work with a successful FTSE 250 market leading manufacturing company with a friendly culture we offer a competitive salary and extensive employee benefits package*, including:
• 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays with the option to purchase holiday via holiday trading scheme with Christmas shutdown
• Pension scheme with life assurance
• Ongoing training and development
• Company sick pay
• Health Cash Plan with online rewards *
• SAYE Sharesave Scheme*
• Employee Counselling and Advice Line and Mental Health First Aiders*
• Salary Sacrifice Schemes – Tech Scheme and Cycle2Work*
• Employee Appreciation, Attendance and Long Service Awards*
• Employee engagement initiatives such as dress-down Fridays, fundraising and CSR, monthly newsletter, social events such as xmas party and quiz nights, employee lottery.
If this sounds like a role for you, please apply now!
Personal applications only
Unfortunately, only successful applicants will be contacted
Strictly no recruitment agencies
You must be able to provide evidence of right to work in the UK and this maybe requested during the recruitment process.
The contact data included in this advertisement is not consented for marketing use or unsolicited communication