Cygnet Health Care is one of the UK’s largest independent providers of mental health care. Cygnet is now entering an exciting period of growth and we are looking to appoint 2 Assistant Management Accountants to join our growing Head Office Finance team based in Wrotham Heath, Sevenoaks.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to
· Assist with the month-end process
· Prepare accruals and prepayment schedules
· Prepare monthly and quarterly Internal Audit packs
· Prepare and post month-end journals
· Perform balance sheet reconciliations
· Prepare individual site management accounts with commentary on key variances
· Attend monthly management accounts calls with site Hospital Managers and Operational Directors
· Support the year end process, including liaising with external auditors
· Working towards of recognised accounting qualification e.g. AAT
· Experience of using Sage or other accounting system
· Ability to work to strict deadlines and meet month end reporting targets
· Ability to interact with hospital managers and senior management
· Professionally mannered and well presented
· Excel skills are essential for the role
· Ability to deal with complex queries and resolve in an efficient manner
· Ability to work as part of a team as well as being able to manage own workload daily
Located in the garden of Kent, our Head Office supports the wider company with all things finance from Purchase Ledger, Sales, Payroll, Corporate Reporting and Management Accounts.
Part of the office is in an Old Manor House and we also have access to a spacious modern office. We are surrounded by the country side and have nice green spaces to relax in during lunch breaks.
The Manor House and office has access to fully equipped kitchens and breakout areas where you can play a bit of table tennis or just relax.
We are just off the M20 with plenty of car parking spaces. Nepicar place is a great working environment with welcoming employees.