New Appointments Group are supporting a luxury FMCG business based in Ashford as they look to recruit a Logistics and Planning Manager. Reporting to the MD this role will lead to the demand, supply planning process, MRP and the fulfilment of scheduling for the Warehouse and Logistics teams.
This is an exciting time to join the business as they have seen a huge period of growth, they are opening their new facility and this is a role for someone who is confident with setting up Warehouse Management Systems and assisting with the business becoming fully automated. The company are set to invest heavily in a new MRP and as the Logistics and Planning Manager you will be expected to manage this process
Working closely with the senior management team you will be managing a small team which includes, demand planners, warehouse and logistics.
Role and Responsibilities
* Develop effective forecast models based on demand patterns
* Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecasting accuracy
* Monitor and report important changes in sales forecasts, inventory levels, budgets and business strategies
* Manage the MRP
* Recommend changes to inventory levels to meet increased or reduced demand
* Communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management
* Lead and manage the warehouse and order fulfilment team
* Drive and manage the logistics and planning team and their KPI's
* Previous experience within a logistics and supply chain management role
* Ideally a qualified individual with a degree in Supply Chain Management or CIPS qualified
* Relevant planning experience, ideally 5 -10 years' experience
* Ideally from a FMCG background
* Strong management skills, able to lead a team
* Effective communicator, strong written and verbal skills
In return you will receive a highly competitive salary, 28 days holiday including bank holiday, the position is M-F 0830-1730 however some flexibility is required as due to peak periods you may have to work occasional weekends.
All CV's in word format please.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.