Magenta International are looking for Mechanical Project Manager to work with a small dynamic and responsive building services company located in the Kent.
About the company
Establish for over 20 years they have built a reputation on installing quality products with a great service throughout London and the South East. Being a professional and committed company that has led to being a leading provider for blue chip companies and the public sector.
• To carry out the overall management of the mechanical and electrical building services delivery teams.
• To carry out the overall management of the procurement, working in co-junction with the estimating and design team.
• To ensure teams are adhering to applicable statutory legislation, client specific policies, and company health and safety.
• Programming and resourcing labour, sub-contractors, and materials.
• Site management, progressing works & liaising with clients, including variations & remedial works.
• Ensuring compliance with company procedures and reporting to the Board and senior management.
• Informing the finance department of major plant and sub-contractor expenditures during the projects duration to ensure this is allowed for in the company’s cash flow account.
Duties will include:
• To assist in developing and maintaining project management tools which ensure the efficient on-time execution of the designated projects.
• To prepare and circulate concise project reports which accurately reflect the status and issues of the current projects.
• To ensure that all projects are delivered correctly to the specification, current British Standards, and budget constraints.
• To ensure timely highlighting and resolution of project technical queries.
• To maintain accurate and up to date resource plans.
• To ensure satisfactory and timely resolution of client queries/requests and complaints.
• Ensure that all client complaints are logged and resolved to the satisfaction of the management team.
• To liaise with clients on project schedules and priorities to ensure consistent on-time performance.
• To proactively establish relationships with clients, suppliers & sub-contractors.
• Identify and develop opportunities for profit performance improvement.
• To closely liaise with management and staff to ensure appropriate capacity planning.
• To liaise with the service department for provision of site service attendance in accordance with contract requirements.
• To provide any other service necessary to ensure the efficient on-time execution of the designated projects in accordance with the company’s charter.
• Select, monitor, and report on performance of product and service suppliers including sub-contractors.
• To set objectives for individual team members and in conjunction with management monitor and provide feedback performance against these objectives, helping to identify development needs and implementing project related training solutions where appropriate.
• Provide full support to all operatives, directors and clients when delivering the projects assigned.
• HND in Building Services or similar
• NVQ level 3 Heating & ventilation or similar
• High level of knowledge in commercial and contractual issues in a project environment.
• Ability to manage complex projects, determined by budget, technical variance and managed by third parties.
• Ability to initiate and create project plans.
• The ability to grasp and document details.
• Promotes and reinforces attitudes and actions that are based on continuously improving client satisfaction and service levels.
• Setting and managing department internal budgets
• Good IT skills including Microsoft Office, Hevacomp, Autocad & MS Project
• Ability to use complex calculations to solve technical problems.
• Generates and considers a range of options when deciding on the way forward and how to resolve problems and issues.
• Provides support and assistance to colleagues both within and outside the Company, where appropriate.
• Involves appropriate individuals in working actively together to resolve issues and develop new ideas, as appropriate.
• Structures meetings/contact with others (in groups or one to one) to ensure that goals are achieved.
• Leads by example; re-enforcing the Company’s values in all aspects of the role.
• Will require pricing and estimation knowledge.
• Where possible must always look to value engineer with suppliers
• On larger projects produce progress reports for internal use and to issue to clients
• Ensure all variations are recorded and issued to the client.
• Be flexible to both commercial and domestic projects and undertake all work to suit the businesses requirements.
Company Van (Tracked) and Fuel Card
28 day holiday inc bank holidays.
Relevant Training when required.
Paid Travel Time
Basic working hours are 7.45am to 4.15pm with half hour break.
If interested or what to know more about this role then give Sam a call.
Magenta International Limited.