Magenta International are looking for Gas Engineer to work with a small dynamic and responsive building services company located in the Kent.
About the company
Establish for over 20 years they have built a reputation on installing quality products with a great service throughout London and the South East. Being a professional and committed company that has led to being a leading provider for blue chip companies and the public sector.
• The safe operation testing & maintenance of all plant & equipment
• The safe repair and maintenance of all mechanical assets within the facility
• Diagnose, repair and operate plant within their specialism
• Provide instructions and guidance on all technical aspects of plant and equipment
• Adherence to applicable statutory legislation, client specific policies, Sodexo policies and procedures, and company health and safety
• Work individually or as part of a team to deliver the outcome
Will Be Accountable For:
• Maintain stocks of critical spares and other stock pertaining to responsibilities.
• Planned and reactive maintenance activities, which includes general boiler and plant room maintenance.
• Exceptionally skilled in hands-on maintenance and repair of designated boiler and mechanical systems within the limits of their skill and knowledge, and be capable of
anticipating potential faults or problems which may occur to avoid any disruption to the building environment
• The working requirements are predominately days but may involve being available when required for out of normal working hours attendance on a rotating basis according to
service & client needs as directed.
• To provide technical supervision to site staff as required and contribute at all times to a good “facilities team” performance.
• Assemble, install, calibrate and commission a wide range of gas and plant and equipment.
• To comply always with the Company's quality assurance and health and safety procedures and to ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with the industry's best practices to protect the Client’s assets or business.
• Able to instruct others in all aspects of his/her work and provide development instruction and guidance for craftsmen on all aspects of plant in order to develop their skills and knowledge.
• To ensure that all areas in which work is undertaken are kept in a clean and tidy condition to ensure minimum disruption to the building users.
• Maintain formal and informal communications with all parties related to service activities.
• Undertake other tasks deemed to be within your capability.
• Independent working to find and present faults to Line Manager, including professional assessments and advice to the client
• To ensure that all projects are implemented correctly to the specification and costs constraints set by the Facilities Maintenance Department.
• Attend training to develop knowledge and satisfy relevant statutory requirements to carry out the role.
• 3 Year’s experience in commercial and industrial installations.
• Clean driving licence.
• Recognised Commercial Gas Safe qualifications.
• TPCP1 & 1A Certified highly desirable
• CSCS Card, PASMA, IPAF, Asbestos Awareness, Legionella, Manual handling and First Aid (Preferred but not essential)
• Knowledge of heating control systems, control panels.
• Able to read and understand drawings and specifications
• Ability to work at height and in confined spaces.
• High level security clearances will be required and will include advanced DBS checks
Company Van (Tracked) and Fuel Card
28 day holiday inc bank holidays.
Relevant Training when required.
Paid Travel Time
Basic Working hours are 7.45am to 4.15pm with half hour break.
If interested or what to know more about this role then give Sam a call.
Magenta International Limited.