Goldhawk Associates are currently supporting a specialist firm of accountants based in the Weald of Kent, in the borough of Tunbridge, who are looking to appoint a Payroll Manager. They can be flexible on the level of experience you have but they are looking for someone who can deal with and manage the payroll function from top to bottom. This included dealing with basic ad hoc client HR issues. This is a hands-on role and will involve running the payroll on a sole charge basis, you will be supported by trainees when needed. Due to the size of the payrolls, approximately 30 some smaller, some larger, you will have two really busy weeks and then a couple of quieter weeks, so if you can support the firm in other areas in those quieter times in areas such as office management, HR, or bookkeeping this would be beneficial.
- You will manage a portfolio of approximately 30 clients
- Full payroll function including setting up and registering with HMRC.
- Run payroll within current legislation keeping all records up to date.
- Calculate tax, national insurance, and pension manually or on a computer program.
- Time management so payroll deadlines are achieved.
- Calculate statuary SSP, SMP, and SPP where due.
- Real-time submissions, final year-end submission, and P11d`s
- Pension implementation for auto-enrolment.
- Calculating statuary payments and annual leave.
- Liaise with clients, colleagues, external agencies concerning payroll.
- Auditing of payroll and input.
- Training other staff on payroll.
- Collating and entering payroll journals.
- CIS submissions and adjust for suffered payments and balance PAYE payments for clients.
- Strong systems skills are required
In turn, you will work in a friendly, dynamic, and busy team. The firm is operating a flexible working policy of working from the office 3 days and week and working 2 days from home.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.