RPG Analyst Programmer
Our client is recruiting experienced RPG Analyst Programmers, with a can-do attitude, to join their IT Team.
The position is based near Ashford, Kent. This is a full-time role, 35 hours per week. There may also be the flexibility of some home working after completing the initial probation period.
Main Purpose of Job
The core business runs on IBM iSeries. The main purpose of the role is to enhance existing systems, bug fixing, and develop new systems in line with business requirements and to agreed timescales. Support Desk work is also required to support the existing client base.
Knowledge, experience and skills required
- At least 3 years of solid RPG programming experience with RPG400, RPGLE, Free Format RPG, CL, SQL, FTP and Microsoft Office products
- Experience of IBM operations including any knowledge of SFTP/SSH configuration would be useful.
- Experience of transformation of IBM legacy systems to GUI based design would be highly desirable.
- Any experience of the EDIFACT standard and B2B communications would prove beneficial.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of the full development life cycle.
- Be able to work effectively within a team and where necessary with minimal supervision.
- To be able work to under pressure and to tight deadlines is crucial
- The ability to troubleshoot and react quickly to queries, and to present clearly thought-out solutions.
- A ‘hit the ground running’ mentality is required, in a dynamic environment, and be able to multi-task and prioritise is key.
- Be able to communicate with personnel at all levels of business
- Annual Holiday allowance of 23 days (plus 8 days bank holidays)
- Nest pension contributions.