An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Brewhouse Operative to join our Brewing Team.
The Ideal Candidate:
You will be a process orientated individual with a proactive and flexible approach. We are looking for someone who understands the importance of being a team player and communicating effectively. You will be passionate about making beer and will be keen to develop and learn about brewing techniques.
Skills & Experience
• You will be friendly and approachable whilst remaining professional in a fast paced environment.
• A positive and conscientious attitude towards work and fellow employees.
• Ability to learn, understand and operate multiple brewhouse processes simultaneously.
• Ability to work with other team members towards shared goals.
• Ability to contribute ideas for problem solving and improvements.
• Flexibility to reasonable requests to work in other areas.
• Prioritising safety and exercising good judgement.
• Bringing raw materials into the Brewhouse, either using the automated systems or manually.
• Operating the Brewhouse equipment to produce wort to specification
• Processing the wort into beer to specification using The Tun room equipment and processes.
• Sampling and testing of wort and beer at key points in production.
• Recording of test results and batch information, on time and accurately.
• Housekeeping in the Brewhouse and related areas to a defined standard.
• Following instructions from Assistant Brewers and members of the management team.
• Monitoring brewing processes, recording conditions and results.
• Assisting the Brewing Management Team, Engineers and the Quality team to solve problems and drive improvements.
• Competitive salary
• Contributory Pension scheme
• Share Incentive Plan
• Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame Managed House pubs and hotels
• Company events
• Counselling Service
• Access to a Mental Wellbeing Platform
• 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
The role involves working a mix of morning, afternoon and day shift with occasional weekend work and includes a shift premium and overtime where applicable.
Shepherd Neame is Britain’s oldest brewer and a pub retailer based in Faversham, Kent. As an independent family business we own and operate over 300 pubs and have a wide portfolio of beers and cider including Whitstable Bay, Bear Island, Spitfire, Samuel Adams and Singha.
Diversity, equality, and inclusion matter to Shepherd Neame. If you think you would be suited this role we would welcome your application regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexual orientation. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive working environment where all employees feel respected and supported in fulfilling their potential.
How to Apply:
For further information about Shepherd Neame and details of how to apply, please visit our website. Application closing date: 26th October 2021
We do reserve the right to call qualified candidates to interview before the closing date, so please apply as soon as possible.