Deputy Head of Safeguarding and Attendance
Primary Location: Trust Central Offices,
New Horizon’s Children’s Academy
Contract: Full Time – Permanent,
Salary: TSAT Grade E - £26,281 - £29,578
Closing date: 27th October 2021
We are looking for a Deputy of Safeguarding and Attendance to assist the Head of Safeguarding in developing and maintaining The Thinking Schools Academy Trust strategic, policy and operational priorities.
This is a new and exciting opportunity to assist on best practice safeguarding and attendance across the Trust. You will be offering advice, training and support to our schools Designated Safeguarding Leads.
Responsibilities of the role:
For further details, please see the JD and person specification
- Supporting the Head of Safeguarding to ensure that the trust has in place clear and effective policies, procedures, systems, resources, training, advice and support to maintain and uphold the highest standards of safeguarding and child attendance in our schools.
- Assisting in coordinating the review of the Safeguarding Policy, as well as safeguarding and attendance audits across the Trust.
- Ensuring the trust has up-to-date knowledge of legislation and statutory expectations linked to child safeguarding, attendance and punctuality at school as well as exclusion.
- Carry out monitoring visits to support, review, assess and audit the development of safeguarding and attendance at school processes, structures and systems
- Support the auditing of Single Central Records
- Arrange and chair DSL forums
- Liaising with Headteachers regarding projects to proactively support good school attendance and safeguarding
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience and understanding in the field of safeguarding children
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Appropriate safeguarding training and up-to-date knowledge of Safeguarding and Attendance legislation and guidance
- An ability to interpret and translate legislation, with an understanding of how to deliver a quality safeguarding and welfare provision in an efficient measured manner.
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Report writing and organisational skills
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
Watch our Trust video to gain an insight in to The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
What our Trust will offer you:
The opportunity to join a large organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size
Employees who join our Trust can also benefit from a discounted price of £10 per month membership of the TSAT gym, which is conveniently located on site at Holcombe Grammar School in Chatham.
The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and an annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of area
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our friendly schools at the start of a new and exciting time, then please apply today!
If you would like to arrange an informal conversation to discuss the role in more detail please contact Lee Lucas via email – [email protected]
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found. If you experience any issues in applying for this role via our careers site, please click here to submit an application via Microsoft Forms.
If this position is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please click here to join our Talent Pool.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check