Safeguarding Administrative Coordinator
Primary Location: Trust Central Offices, New Horizon’s Children’s Academy - Chatham
Contract: 37 hours, Term Time + 5 days – Permanent
Salary: TSAT Grade D, £21,214- £23,876 per annum (Pro rata for £18,229 - £20,517)
Closing date: 27th October 2021
We are looking for a Safeguarding Coordinator to provide administrative support to the TSAT Safeguarding team on day to day operations.
This position is an administrative focused role, and the post holder will be able to work accurately with attention to detail. Have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be a team player.
What you will need to succeed:
For further details please see the JD and person specification
- You will assist with the preparation and electronic distribution of regular safeguarding updates across the trust
- Be able to approach all work with discretion, sensitivity and diplomacy
- Keep the central staff single central record accurate and up to date in line with Trust guidelines
- Be responsible for the administration and coordination of training for the safeguarding team as well as help with planning and preparation for meetings for the safeguarding team
- Minuting meetings where necessary, experience desirable but not essential
- Demonstrate a willingness and flexibility to work across departments and have the ability to balance your workload
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes, including Word, Outlook and Excel
- A polite and professional nature when communicating in person and electronically with internal and external stakeholders of all levels
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
Watch our Trust video to gain an insight in to The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
What our Trust will offer you:
The opportunity to join a large organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size
Employees who join our Trust can also benefit from a discounted price of £10 per month membership of the TSAT gym, which is conveniently located on site at Holcombe Grammar School in Chatham.
The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and an annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of area
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our friendly schools at the start of a new and exciting time, then please apply today!
If you would like to arrange an informal conversation to discuss the role in more detail please contact Lee Lucas via email [email protected]
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
If you experience any issues in applying for this role via our careers site, please click here to submit an application via Microsoft Forms
If this position is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please click here to join our Talent Pool.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check