Our client based in Canterbury Kent is currently looking for QC, with experience within the Fresh Produce sector. Successful candidates will have an appreciation for the quality standards and requirements within this product sector.
Contract: Temp to Perm
Level 1 - £9.45 p/h
Level 2 - £10.29 p/h
Level 3 - £11.34 p/h
The role is working on a weekly rota, so a flexible approach to work is required as the business works a 7 day days operation.
• Ensuring that incoming raw material and returns are checked before used for production.
• Ensuring that shelf life samples are booked, kept and monitored against customer requirements, shelf life summary for each customer and marketing company to be sent on weekly basis to relevant receivers.
• Ensure all equipment is calibrated daily/as required; need to be treated, handled with care and maintained in good and clean condition.
• As and when necessary cover for other members of the quality team.
• As and when necessary assist in new QC team member training.
• Following QC Manager instructions due to seasonal changes and quality trends.
• Friendly Working Environment
• Opportunities to progress
• Funded training available
Key Skill and Experience Requirements
• Good reading and Writing English standard
• Good Emotional control (EI)
• At least minimum experience as a Quality Controller in a packhouse
• At least minimum experience in food handling and basic knowledge regarding the issues of food hygiene
Other Role Requirements
• The role involves some manual handling and the ability to withstand working in cold storage conditions on a daily basis
• The role requires an alert disposition, working in the vicinity of PPT and moving machinery
• Travel to other Company or off-site meeting locations may be required from time to time
If you meet our requirements, please speak to our consultant on: