RSFL are working on behalf of a client in Dover who are recruiting for a Transport & Logistics Adminstrator.
As a Transport Administrator you will work closely with the transport manager to ensure that Clients, shipping companies and drivers receive the best possible service at all times.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
The Transport Administrator will ensure that the daily operation runs effectively at all times. You will provide on-going support to Drivers in making sure that deliveries throughout their day are efficiently completed, on time, every time whilst remaining legally compliant with Transport legislation and working time directives.
• Develop and maintain positive customer relationships
• Generate quotes for both new and existing customers
• Organise the shipment of trailers by booking them on relevant sailings, ensuring the operation runs smoothly,
• Data entry and day to day administration
• Liaise with carriers, suppliers and customers to arrange collections and deliveries
• Monitor the progression of transport and update clients with any delays or expected time off arrivals.
A Few Things About You
You need to be able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be smart enough to think on your feet and have a
passion to drive our performance paying careful attention to the service delivered for our customers. You will be enthusiastic and driven towards achieving high standards of quality and be bold enough to make key decisions quickly and trust your own judgement in the absence of the Manager.
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience in an administration role, ideally within transport or logistics but this is not essential.
• Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure
• Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
• Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone
• Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
• Good knowledge f MS office programs
• Strong organisational and time management skills.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm (40 hours a week)
The salary on offer is very much based on experience and will be discussed at interview.
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.