IT Trainer & Support Assistant
Location: Herne Bay
Salary: £20k - £25k
This really is a great opportunity for someone who has really good, demonstrable software skills using MS Office, is a quick learner and is looking to move into an IT role, having worked in an administrative or secretarial position. Some administrators operate as ‘super users’ and train their colleagues on the system software. That type of person would be ideally suited to this role. They must be patient and have good written and verbal communication skills. They must also be an owner driver and be happy to travel to other offices when the need arises.
Providing an effective support service to all users of IT and telecommunications throughout the Firm.
Training Administration and User Support
· Training new and existing users on the Firm’s systems and software and cybersecurity best practices.
· Creating and updating user training material such as guides and videos for all systems and software.
· Helping users get the most out of the firm’s software and systems.
· Keeping all training material current and user friendly.
· Provide induction training for new staff.
· Assistance with general IT support.
· Assistance with systems patching and back-office maintenance.
· General IT Administration of user accounts (Telephony and Login accounts).
· Assisting with office moves - moving and reinstalling PC equipment and furniture across all branches as required
· Previous experience of IT related Training or assisting staff with IT problems.
· Experience of working in a legal environment would be an advantage
· Previous experience of delivering training on a one-to-one basis or in small groups
Qualifications and Training
· Good all-round education; both literate and numerate
· Full training will be provided on the Firm’s unique business applications.
A thorough working knowledge of:
· MS Windows 10 Professional desirable
· A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential including
· Word Styles, Macros and Templates
· Excel formulas and spreadsheet manipulation
· Outlook calendars, message rules, tasks, etc.
· Telephone system administration desirable
· Experience using server tools like Server Manager, Active Directory for Users and computers, and group Policy Manager to setup new users or to troubleshoot, desirable.
· Confident verbal and written communication skills
· Able to give clear concise instruction to users
· Uses active listening techniques.
· Team working (flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team)
· “Can do” attitude with strong customer care skills
· Uses initiative in dealing with incoming queries
· Ability to balance priorities in order to meet sometimes demanding deadlines.
· Attention to accuracy and detail
· An enquiring mind with an organised approach to problem solving
· Effective administration skills including accurate record keeping.
· Must be willing and able to travel to other branches as necessary
· Owner/driver with full clean driving licence and business insurance cover
· Some heavy lifting will be involved
· Flexible to work out of hours occasionally (some evenings and/or weekends will be
necessary for essential system maintenance