The King’s School, Canterbury, Kent, a co-educational boarding & day secondary school with 860 pupils, is looking for a Graduate Assistant(s) for a one-year contract. The role is designed to provide the opportunity to develop first hand practical experience of working in a school and for the graduate to determine whether teaching might be the right career for them. It is also designed to give King’s the benefit of an enthusiastic and capable individual, who is keen to contribute as positively as possible to school life.
The role would interest those who possess a sound academic background, and who have a strong knowledge and interest in sport together with the ability to coach and motivate a team in each of the three terms of the school year.
You will be required to:
• Coach and umpire/referee each term in a combination of the following sports: rugby, football, hockey, cricket, girls’ cricket. Ability in other sports will be welcome but only in addition to these.
• Support teaching staff in PE lessons or possibly in another subject if relevant.
• Undertake day and evening duties in a boarding house as part of a House tutor team under the supervision of a Housemaster or Housemistress, to include late night lock ups on 2 evenings a week.
• Have a willingness to help out with administrative tasks on occasion as required by the school.
• Appreciate the requirements of a busy boarding school, which will include a commitment to Saturday matches and other week-end activities, as well as some school supervision duties during the term, as carried out by other teaching staff.
• The willingness and ability to contribute to other aspects of co-curricular life (eg music, drama, debating, CCF, DofE) or help with school trips would be an advantage.
Accommodation will be provided within a boarding house, as well as other benefits such as on-going training and equipment as required. School meals are available during term time and Gold membership at the King’s School Recreation Centre.
The King’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To be considered for the above post please apply through Staff Vacancies on The King's School website www.kings-school.co.uk
Applications including a CV should be submitted by Friday 16th July and will be reviewed on submission.