Conveyancing Secretary required with an immediate start.
We are pleased to be working alongside one of the leading law firms in Kent that has been successfully managing the legal affairs of Commercial, Family and individual clients for over 130 years. Due to an employees pending retirement our client are looking for a permanent Residential Conveyancing Secretary but in the meantime are looking to source immediate temp cover while they recruit. It could even become a permanent opportunity for the right temporary person!
Key Job Responsibilities:
* Providing full secretarial support to fee earners and department, including arranging appointments, dealing with client queries in person and by phone, together with preparation of correspondence by audio typing via the digital dictation system.
* Using the Land Registry Portal, completing Land Registry returns, and submission of SDLT forms.
* Filing, photocopying and opening/closing client files in a timely manner.
* Maintaining and coordinating diaries and diary notes and reporting on these as necessary.
* Regular consideration of client files and advising fee earners on any action required.
* To provide ad hoc secretarial cover for sickness and holiday absences in the team when needed.
* Covering Reception during lunch breaks, holidays and unforeseen absences
* Team working (flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team)
* Uses initiative in dealing with incoming queries
* Ability to balance priorities in order to meet sometimes demanding deadlines.
* Keen to ensure the needs of clients are met wherever possible.
* Attention to accuracy and detail
We are ideally looking for someone with residential conveyancing experience but otherwise someone who is a good audio typist - accurate, fast and able to cope with a lot of dictation.
This role offers full-time hours; Monday to Friday 9-5 and requires an immediate start.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.