Core purpose of role –
• To manage, develop and co-ordinate Ashford Volunteer Centre Volunteer’s volunteer brokerage and skills match offer
Main responsibilities and duties:
• To manage the development and implementation of Ashford Volunteer Centre’s volunteer offer to both individuals and organisations
• To co-ordinate the Ashford Volunteer Centre’s Lottery-funded Timebank project
• To ensure the Kent Volunteers and Ashford Volunteer Centre website is up to date
• To recruit volunteers for Ashford Volunteer Centre’s projects, in accordance with the organisation’s recruitment process
• To record all data, including users’ opinions of the scheme, to enable the organisation to monitor the progress of the scheme and evaluate its overall effectiveness.
• Provide monthly reports to the Chief Executive about the performance of the service.
• To carry out DBS checking for volunteers alongside the Volunteer Services Administrator.
• To investigate relevant volunteering project opportunities to meet local need and grow the diversity of the Befriending and volunteering opportunities of the Volunteer Centre.
• Manage allocated new projects as business needs change to meet the needs of the community and the volunteer centre.
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to to Friday – 28 days annual leave per annum plus bank holidays.
- This job description is provided to assist the jobholder to know what their main duties are. It may be amended from time to time without change to the level of responsibility appropriate to the grade of the post and the needs of the charity.
- The workbase of this post will primarily be Ashford Volunteer Centre and the post holder will be line managed to the Chief Executive Officer of Ashford Volunteer Centre