Please note: No agency applications will be accepted for this position.
We are seeking a Front End Developer to join our expanding team. Ideally you will have had exposure to a commercial development environment and are interested in pursuing a career in web development in the HRMS (Human Resource Management System) sector.
Once you have familiarised yourself with your new working environment, getting used to our development cycles and established your own tea/coffee mug, we would expect you to learn the two platforms that you will be developing/supporting, this is something all employees must do as we work as a team, not only developing but also understanding the need to support our products and customers.
Initially, you will work on a number of in-house solutions, gaining experience in working at X:drive, and getting used to how we work. Once you have established yourself, our goal for you is to be the lead front end developer on WhosOff - our worldwide delivered SaaS, reporting to the Head of Product Development with your focus on functionality and user experience.
Over time we expect you to be involved in all aspects of the development teams remit including basic server maintenance & support, our ongoing development plans and contributing to our established SaaS world beating products.
We do not expect you to know our products when you first walk through the door but an important part of your work will be to fully understand the existing products and processes. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their skills and desire to work within our established, and expanding team with a willingness to continually develop both professionally and personally.
Skills and abilities
- Exposure to .NET, and LINQ
- Excellent foundation knowledge of software development, particularly in front end development
- Good communication and numeracy skills
- Ability to listen to customers and hear what they are saying
- Comfortable working within a PC environment, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work on own initiative and part of a team
- Ability to work to deadline
- Exposure to SQL
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs / SOAP
- Experience of working with Visual Studio
- Confidence to demonstrate the products online and via telephone support
- Some experience providing customer support over the telephone
- The opportunity to grow and develop in an environment that encourages learning
- Free soft drinks, tea, coffee all day, every day
- Smart / Casual dress code
- Ideal location based in the heart of Canterbury, close to transport links
- 21 days annual leave (+we don’t work Bank Holidays)
Please include a short paragraph about yourself when applying and anything that might help us to understand more about your current journey. This might be a copy of your CV, a link to your LinkedIn profile, some samples of your work.
If things move forward, the interview process consists of an initial informal meeting via Zoom. This is then followed by a more technical face-to-face meeting with some of our tech team. We are flexible on timelines and should be able to accommodate you if you are busy right now.
We move very quickly so if you are interested, its best to get in as soon as possible. We can't be held liable if someone gets offered a position before you have got to the first interview stage.