Hours: 20 hours per week: Monday to Friday: 9am – 1pm
Do you have a background in fine art? Are you customer facing? Are you skilled in photoshop?
This is a great opportunity to work for an established and expanding award-winning Fine Art printing studio based in the village of Wye, just outside Ashford, seconds away from the train station.
Art4site has been offering professionally endorsed, highly regarded artwork scanning and Fine Art printing for artists, publishers and galleries across England and around the world since 1999.
This is a permanent part-time position and would suit someone with a strong work ethic, who is extremely organised, to support both the studio and admin functions, typical of a small busy professional business. Full training will be provided.
About the role
This is a vital role; the ideal candidate must be self-starting, able to work without constant supervision and guidance, show excellent initiative and have great IT skills and be good at multi-tasking.
The role will be extremely varied, supporting the print production team and client ordering, with also other different duties to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the studio. Comprehensive knowledge regarding all our services will be acquired so as to provide primary customer support as appropriate.
The dual role is split between studio customer services and general administration and will have the following responsibilities.
As our studio customer services assistant, you’ll be:
• Booking client appointments – managing the diary for the studio team
• Inputting orders for printing and artwork scanning onto the project system
• Liaising with customers regarding orders, artwork and print specifications to ensure each order has complete production requirements
• Filing and checking incoming electronic image artwork for correct specifications
• Looking after and referring to current project folders and the project archive
• Working closely with our production team and assisting with any questions they have to get the job executed
• Communicate with customers about their orders, including delivery schedules
• Assisting clients with processing their orders and helping customers register online
• Investigating and resolving customer queries patiently and quickly
• Providing customers with comprehensive service related information and advice
• Checking and updating the payment status of orders as well as handling card payments
• Sending digital artwork to clients upon request
• Providing a high level of customer service at all times
• Calling potential customers by phone to increase sales of artwork scanning and print
• Creating written and graphic content for publishing on the company’s social media channels
For general administration duties involved in the daily running of the printing studio you will be:
• Assisting in handling inbound / outbound telephone calls
• Dealing with any office issues on behalf of the team including liaising with suppliers, including couriers and clients
• Monitoring and responding to emails and website enquiries with quotes and sales prospects
• Ensure orders are processed, despatched and invoiced accurately
• Executing stock management / ordering materials / receipting deliveries
• Undertaking general office admin including filing
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
• Assisting in the day to day office management
Skills and experience required for the role
Essential characteristics include:
• An educational / professional background in Fine Art painting, drawing, illustration and / or digital imaging, or experience of / an appreciation of visual arts
• Professional and pleasant manner in dealing with clients with a strong customer service background
• Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
• Attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently
• Keen to work in a technically focused role
• Good telephony skills
• Ability to multi-task and have excellent time management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Quick learner with the determination to succeed
• Strong organisational skills
• Adept in working under own initiative and as part of a team
• Excellent IT skills and an ability to quickly learn a new database and other software (all Mac based)
• Experience working as an assistant in a small company environment
Send your CV together with a cover letter using the apply opton provided
Interviews will be conducted by Zoom video calls.
Please note that due to capacity issues and volume of applicants, we will only be able to respond to successfully shortlisted candidates.