Orbital Internet Group is one of the UK’s fastest growing and largest, Kent based, ISP’s offering a wide spectrum of Internet solutions at affordable prices to residential and business users. Orbital Internet Group has rapidly built one of the UK's most sophisticated WiMAX class networks, providing thousands of end user's with ultra-fast internet access. We operate a national IP backbone spanning multiple datacentre’s, telephone exchanges and core POP sites. We provide services to customers in the UK as well as internationally.
· Provide new and legacy technologies to customers, ensuring they receive a quality service in line with our SLAs.
· Successfully manage and motivate the Engineering Team, maintaining exceptional standards of delivery for all customers.
· Find ways to enhance services delivered to the business and find better ways to manage and implement engineering projects.
· Ensure quality and standard of work are inline with our company expectations.
· Resolve issues arising from complaints regarding engineering work.
· Provide engineering expertise in special and bespoke projects.
· Define and deliver a clear future strategy for the engineering side of the business.
· Take a key role in the management and roll out of projects.
· Be responsible for the management of stock.
· Working alongside senior engineers to ensure the continued development of the engineering team.
· Manage and maintain the engineering team’s vehicle fleet, to enable them to carry out their role effectively.
· Create and maintain a transparent, collaborative and dynamic work culture.
· Manage our on-call rota and engineers holiday requests.
· Provide out of hours support to the NOC as part of the on-call operations engineering team
· Good technical and management skills including problem solving and decision making.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills to ensure effective communication to all levels to both internal and external personnel.
· A knowledge of the technology sector would be advantageous.
· Experienced with standard office software including word processors, spreadsheets, e-mail, presentations and databases.
· The ability to embrace change and positively lead a team through that change.
· An excellent people and team manager, with the ability to inspire and share the company’s ethos.
· Experience of management and knowledge of telecommunications engineering desirable.