A leading UK business with a Kent based Head Office is seeking to appoint a bright, talented and diligent FP&A Accountant to join their finance function. Working closely with the Head of FP&A, the role will take responsibility for driving change, improving processes and delivering on key financial planning and analysis requirement for the business. Key areas of focus will include:
• Lead the month end process, delivering monthly internal management accounts reports to include the P&L, balance sheet and cash reporting, along with appropriate levels of insight and commentary
• Head up the bi-monthly forecasting process for current financial year, with a view to implement longer term forecasting as and when processes / systems allow
• Play a key role in managing the planning and budgeting cycle, working closely with the wider Finance teams to ensure the process is as smooth as possible
• Work closely with the Head of FP&A in leading the transformation of FP&A processes, systems and reporting, both in identifying opportunities for change, scoping out plans in order to deliver, liaising with key stakeholders to obtain requirements and playing a key role in the more technical aspects of delivery
• Begin documentation of all FP&A systems and processes in order to minimise key man dependencies and enable cross-skilling of the team
• Mentor and develop other team members, providing strong direction and motivation to both direct reports and other members of the wider teams
• Support the Head of FP&A in upskilling the remainder of the FP&A team, both in terms of tangible knowledge (i.e. insurance accounting and excel modelling) and softer skills (i.e. continuous improvement and stakeholder management)
• Provide ad-hoc support for the business as required
Candidates will be formally qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and possess strong and current FP&A experience from a medium to large organisation. Advanced Excel skills and strong systems skills will be key, together with the ability to enable change and improve processes. Previous insurance experience is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading UK business in a varied role with the ability to make a difference and progress longer term.