This is a great opportunity for an individual to become a key player in our team at an established and well-respected IPCCTV solutions provider, based full time (37.5 hours per week) at our offices in Dover (a short walk from the Market Square).
The position will be split into three main areas and would suit someone looking to gain broad experience in a first time office role:
- To act as a first point of contact for customers by telephone and email
- To maintain our webshop
- To assist with administrative duties as necessary
As part of this role your key responsibilities will relate to helping with the development of our specialist network camera webshop and fulfilling specific roles within our office team:
- Creating product web pages (by entering data into our webshop templates)
- Maintaining our Magento webshop
- Obtaining new product information from our suppliers
- Writing product descriptions
- Taking & editing product photographs
- Editing and uploading supporting documents such as datasheets, brochures, and manuals
- Providing customer liaison
- Managing customer returns
- Monitoring our competitors
- Writing blog posts
- Writing forum posts
- Contributing to our email newsletters
- Maintaining stock levels
- Creating customer quotations & invoices within our accounts system
- Taking credit card payments over the phone
- Occasionally assisting with picking, packing & shipping
- Must be qualified to at least A-Level standard
- A strong writer of English, able to produce documents for publishing without supervision
- Sufficiently numerate to work alone on pricing and percentages
- Confident and positive personality with excellent communication skills
- Computer literate with experience of email and the Internet plus a reasonable standard of typing. Touch typing isn't a necessity but would be an advantage
- Fast learner - we're an online business so regular internet use and knowledge will go a long way
- Our products are High-Tech, so you will need to be Tech Savvy, but we're not expecting any prior knowledge of our products, nor do we need you to have the ability to code (this is an administrative role not a programming role)
- Self starter, happy to work alone or as part of a team
- Passionate about customer service
- Strong time management and organisational skills to manage own workload efficiently
- Strong work ethic & ability to self-motivate
- Work conscientiously and use own initiative
- The will to actively seek responsibility for issues and to seek & deliver solutions
- And finally, you need to be a Grammar snob - the sort of person who feels offended by the wrong usage of there, their and they're, and flinches whenever they see somebody selling a chest of draws ... (Google expects nothing but the best from us :)
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
- You are calm in a crisis and bring a positive energy to every task
- You are diligent, obsessively attentive to detail, and trustworthy
- You are supremely organised and adept at multitasking
- You are self-motivated, proactive and love to drive improvement
use-IP Ltd is the UK's leading IP camera store. We are completely independent - we do not manufacture or supply any own-brand products. We provide solutions for our customers and will always endeavor to promote 'Best-of-Brand' products from a wide range of manufacturers.
Although we're the best, we are a small team and enjoy the benefits of working closely with each other to deliver the best possible customer experience to our customers across Europe.
- Salary for this position starts at the National Minimum Wage rates for 2019 (aged 18-20 = £6.15/hr; 21-24 = £7.70; 25+ = £8.21/hr).
- 4 weeks paid leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme (after 3 months qualifying period)
- Note that whilst the position will be based at our office in Snargate Street, Dover some occasional travel may be required (i.e. for training, etc. )
How to apply:
Please forward your CV and cover letter to [email protected] and make sure we know not only why you are suited for this job, but why you want it too!
Please note that we may not be able to respond individually to all applicants.
Previous applicants are welcome to apply again.
Closing date is Friday 6th December 2019
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE