We are currently looking for a temporary Chef Manager for a client of ours in Ashford. This is a temporary position starting on the 18th November through to the 13th December. You will be required to work Monday to Friday from 7am-3pm. You must be available for the whole duration of this assignment.
Food and Beverages:
* Oversee, review and monitor all food and beverage production and delivery, ensuring the highest standards are maintained at all times (Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch, Meetings, Post Match Teas etc).
* Plan and produce menus.
* Ensure the food offered is healthy, nutritional and balanced and meets national healthy eating guidelines and national nutritional standards.
* Ensure all allergen and dietary requirements are monitored and adhered to.
* Operate all food and beverage services to the highest possible standards.
* Ensure the highest standards of culinary presentation and chef craft creativity.
Front of House Service:
* Ensure the servery operates at an efficient rate resulting in a swift turnaround for breakfast and lunch etc, including to assist in the serving of meals in line with agreed procedures.
* Ensure the presentation of all aspects of the catering function is always of a high standard.
* Professional communication, interaction and liaison with parents, pupils, suppliers and clients etc; including dealing with queries and complaints.
* To support school policies by reinforcing acceptable behaviour of pupils whilst in the dining hall.
* Oversee the management of catering and hospitality facilities/events; for example checking event booking and the allocation of resources and staff.
* Manage the catering department to operate within financial targets and budgets as agreed.
* Complete department financial and administrative documentation as requested.
* Ensure that all stock is appropriately managed, monitoring spending and stock levels;
* Carry out department procurement in the most cost-effective manner without a detrimental change to quality.
Health & Safety, Hygiene, COSHH, Allergen Compliance:
* To be responsible for all health and safety matters within the catering department.
* To be responsible for a clean, secure and hazard free kitchen/catering areas and manage required cleaning rotas for those areas.
* To adhere to all industry legislation.
* To ensure COSHH and food handlers compliance, training and certifications.
* To arrange and oversee, and assist upon occasion, the necessary servicing, cleaning and maintenance of all catering equipment and catering areas, including ventilation systems ensuring reliability, safety and compliance.
* Provide catering for events, external and internal, including match teas, parents' evenings, prize-giving, open mornings, lectures, hospitality, governor and alumni events.
* Actively contribute as required prior to and during School events, functions and activities, including organisation of room set up, catering and cleaning arrangements, and locking up.
* To support the school with food related curricular activities
* To action any reasonable request made by the Bursar, Head or member of SMT.