GKR Scaffolding is an award winning scaffolding and access specialist, working on the most iconic construction projects in London and the South East. Due to expansion and growth we currently have exciting opportunities within our Commercial department. We are looking for a Commercial Manager to join our team based in London.
GKR Scaffolding are market leaders in safety when working at height, creating processes and inventing tools that are now widely adopted by the rest of the industry.
The business was named Access & Scaffolding Specialist 2017 for the second consecutive year, and was awarded the Training Excellence Award by Construction News. They were also awarded the Best Place to Work (Contractor) 2017 and won Innovation of the Year 2018 for their ground breaking Virtual Reality Working at Height Safety Training.
The Commercial Team are responsible for a wide variety of tasks based on financial aspects of GKR projects, which includes but is not limited to ensuring all jobs are priced correctly, labour costs are accurate and that tasks carried out fulfil the requirements of the business and specific projects throughout the UK whilst adhering to UK regulations and company policies.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• To assist on Project Valuations
• General Administration of financial Data.
• To attend Financial client meetings
• Generation of variation of breakdown
• To attend boardroom Contract Meetings
• To input scheduler rates corresponding to variation breakdown
• To be responsible for full Financial Project Management
• To work with the Commercial Administrator to ensure valuation dates are met and standards are maintained
• To chase clients for any outstanding payments
• Liaise with suppliers
• To negotiate with suppliers
• To deal with account queries
• Written instruction Data Collection
• To provide cover to Commercial /Finance Associate Director as and when required
• To be point of contact for internal and external calls from clients and GKR colleagues.
• Building effective relationships with customers and GKR Scaffolding employees both internally and externally, by use of appropriate questioning, clarification and language.
• Dealing appropriately with Client queries received via the company phone/email or in person.
• Quality checks on documentation, in assisting other members of the department upon request.
• To deliver General IT maintenance.
• To be point of contact for the Commercial Administrator
• To provide support to site specific project managers
• Valuation of supplier’s payment applications
• To liaise with Credit Control to ensure payment dates are met and outstanding payments are chased.
What you need to succeed:
• At least 3 years’ experience working within a similar role or environment
• Up to date knowledge of financial processes and procedures
• Excellent commercial awareness and understanding of project/site needs
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt language to suit target audience as necessary
• Proactive approach to working
• Understanding of business goals and strategy
• Flexible, thorough and able to work to tight deadlines
• Able to take on responsibility and make informed decisions
• Responsible and reliable
• Excellent IT skills.
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects in a stimulating and dynamic environment where each day brings new challenges.
A competitive salary is on offer for the right candidate.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, then GKR Scaffolding is the right place for you.
To apply please click the apply online button.
We will not be accepting telephone applications or agency applicants.