Knight Optical UK Ltd is a precision optical component supplier and manufacturer based in Harrietsham, Kent, with a newly-established US office.
A fast paced, fast growing company that prides itself on customer service and quality products, we work in one of the fastest growing global industries with some of the biggest and most cutting edge technology and aerospace companies in the world.
The position requires an enthusiastic person who is highly organised with a pragmatic approach, to ensure the business maintains its’ exceptional operational and service standards.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview, week commencing Monday 26th August 2019.
The primary focus of the role is to assist the Purchasing team on tasks relating to the timely and cost-effective procurement while supporting Marketing on administrative duties and reporting.
The Administrator will maintain the departments effectiveness and efficiency at all times while contributing to the development and execution of process improvements required. You will be expected to establish and develop collaborative relationships with suppliers through regular communication and excellent customer service.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
• Processing orders (UK and US).
• Placing purchase orders with suppliers.
• Chasing up unconfirmed POs.
• Chasing up pro-forma billing.
• Setting up Business Partners in SAP.
• Obtaining NDAs/ questionnaires from new suppliers.
• Checking daily deliveries and remove closed orders.
• Maintaining up to date internal database records.
• Communication with USA office and directors.
• Additional administrative/operational support as required to support the needs of the business.
• Create lead lists for sectors through research into various source, obtaining contact names and email addresses.
• Qualify and assign leads in lead forensics to the sales team.
• Deal with all catalogue and intro pack requests and ensure these are posted.
• Log customer service enquiries into the relevant report.
• Run the web sales report for UK & USA on the 1st of every month for the previous month’s sales.
• Run the hot products report weekly on a Wednesday to cover the previous two weeks and send through to Marketing to select the relevant products for advertisement.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience in purchasing or similar role.
• Competent with MS Outlook, Excel, Word.
• Attention to detail is key alongside the ability to handle pressure.
• Strong work ethic.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• An excellent telephone manner.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• SAP (training will be provided).
Salary & Benefits
Salary – Negotiable (DOE).
20 days holiday (increasing after 2 years service) + bank holidays.