Job title: 1st Line Technical Support
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
Job Location: Rochester
Hours:40 hours per week – working within a 5 day on and 2 day off shift pattern between 7am and 7pm. At present this is Monday to Friday however this may change in the future to Saturday and Sunday.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
Adding strength to our highly capable support operation.
Acting as first level point of call for all incoming support from our existing client base via telephone, email, web and recording these events into our support database.
Managing Service Level Agreements and customer expectations during the progression of all calls assigned to Advisor.
• Logging calls in support database and assigning a priority level and service level agreement and managing customer expectation on time of resolution
• Problem solving support issues using own knowledge and support libraries
• Escalating calls to higher level of support organisation if answer is unknown or SLA is in danger of breach
• Arranging engineers to attend site with correct documentation
• Assist in carrying out Risk Assessments and Method Statements where needed
• Carry out quality testing of new software releases, following development guidelines.
• Participating in handover meetings from installation teams following installation of new systems
• Where required visit customer sites to resolve support calls and assist in Go Live days for new systems
• Identity card printing (Ucard card bureau service) and manage customer expectations
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION/ SKILLS REQUIRED
• A working knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft desktop applications (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Ability to monitor, control and undertake a variety of tasks simultaneously;
• Ability to work unsupervised and prioritise work – self-motivated;
• Attention to detail;
• Good written and spoken communication skills;
• Good inter-personal skills;
• To contribute to department planning as and when required;
• Knowledge of retail or hospitality industry requirements, and other services and products.
• Epos experience
• Knowledge of Computer and Networking technologies.
• Formal IT qualifications (GCSE or A-Level Information Technology)
• Any Microsoft certifications
• Any database or SQL experience
• Any experience of remote support products, VNC, remote desktop etc.
This Job Description describes key areas of the post but is not exhaustive. The Job Description is subject to review and amendment in line with the needs of the business.
Due to the nature of our business and customers, we carry out vetting and any un-spent criminal records must be declared.