Assistant Financial Accountant
* Do you have existing experience working in financial control?
* Do you have prior experience working the month end close process?
* Are you part qualified in a relevant accountancy qualification i.e ACCA/CIMA?
If so, then this may be the role for you!
By joining the Finance Team, you will have the opportunity to work with the Financial Control Manager to ensure OSB maintains accurate and timely financial reporting adhering to a robust control framework. Also to be responsible for the day to day financial accounting, timely production of the Group's month end reporting and maintaining the Group's balance sheet within a controlled environment.
As the Assistant Financial Accountant, you will beâ¦
* Processing head office journals to ensure all transactions are posted into the accounting system whilst paying particular attention to ensuring sufficient supporting evidence is maintained
* Performing monthly reconciliations of the Group's balance sheet accounts using the reconciliation system ensuring excellent quality substantiation is used and issues are flagged and resolved in a timely manner
* Managing the unreconciled differences and driving changes to resolve any reconciliation differences
* Assisting with the review of the centrally prepared annual statutory accounts as well as the annual corporation tax computations for 7 of the Group's subsidiaries and the Kent Reliance Provident Society
* Reviewing the Group's VAT returns prepared by OSBI and preparing the VAT control pack to support the calculations and returns prepared
Not to float our own boat, but we're proud to be an award-winning bank, with great customer satisfaction scores.
We began trading as a bank in 2011 and were admitted to the main market of the London Stock Exchange in 2014, joining the FTSE 250 in June 2015. So we've had a really strong start and that's because we have great people, great products and a deep understanding of our markets.
In the simplest terms, we're a specialist lender which is supported by our stable retail savings franchise, who has over 150 years of heritage behind them (Kent Reliance).
What we offer:
You'd be joining OSB during an exciting time of significant growth, with ongoing opportunity for career progression. Every role at One Savings Bank gives you the opportunity to create your own future with our Bank.
The salary banding for this role ranges from Â£32,000 - Â£37,000 depending on experience and would be inclusive of a competitive benefits package:
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays (you can purchase an additional 5 days holiday)
* An annual 12.5% discretionary bonus opportunity
* Long service awards
* Perkbox discounts (cheap cinema tickets, family day outs and savings in high-street shops)
* Save as you Earn scheme
A full list of our benefits package is available on our website: www.osb.co.uk/careers/benefits
At OneSavings Bank, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you're interested in the opportunity to join OSB, please click the 'Apply' button and send us your CV.