CC Flint & Co are a rapidly growing insurance broker with offices in Orpington; Kent and Chelmsford; Essex.
Due to the growth within our Commercial Motor department, we have a new and exciting opportunity for a Trainee Commercial Motor Account Handler to join our team.
As one of our graduates, you will take charge early on. You will be bold. You will soak up new experiences. Your ideas will shape what we do and could make a positive impact on our customers.
Over a 2-year rotational programme you will gain knowledge and experience to build your understanding of our business our customers and the wider industry.
You will work in 4 different rotations in each sector of our business, experiencing sales, customer service gaining administration knowledge in each. Whilst we support you to attain your CII certificate and start working towards your DIP qualifications.
From the first day you will be encouraged supported and listened to. You will take ownership of fact passed projects and enjoy on the job training and workshop to develop your skills and gain optional qualifications.
At the end of the programme you will have the chance to join one of our teams and the opportunity to become a leader of our business in the future.
Formal Qualification requirements
A 2:2 minimum in a suitable degree
A to C A, A ‘Level results
A-C Maths/English GCSE
Principal Duties and Key Tasks
To work across various departments within the business learning how to:
• New Business quoting, negotiating, broking and administration - Converting new business enquires in line with or in excess of company targets
• Renewal negotiating, broking and administration- Converting renewal business in line with or in excess of company targets
• Midterm adjustments & administration
• Maintaining day to day Compliance procedures for FCA Regulation
• Incoming and outbound call handling (new and existing clients)
• Effectively manage individual diary
• Cross Selling other insurance products
• Credit Control for clients
• Provide support to the Department Executives in accordance with office procedures
• Managing personal work workflow effectively and efficiently - Reporting Workflow to Manager
• Corresponding & Communicating with clients and insurers
• Corresponding and communicating with clients and insurance companies
• Maintaining a complete and comprehensive training record/log
• Sharing ideas or suggestions for business improvement with Management
• Advising Manager of any backlog in work in a timely manner
• Advising Manager of any debt recovery problems or contentious issues in a timely manner
opportunity to become a leader of our business in the future.
Training and Development
Flint Insurance focuses heavily on training and development and a full induction and training plan will be provided to successful applicants. All staff can study for professional qualifications such as, Cii (Chartered Insurance Institute). Each placement provides employees to continually develop their knowledge and personal skills which could result in opportunities in other areas of the business. We will encourage further professional development to reach DIP status.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm / 10am to 7pm
Saturdays 9:00am to 12:30pm
£24k With qualification incentives.
Perks at work
Working at Flint Insurance
Working at Flint offers a great opportunity to be part of a vibrant, fun and growing company. We have an inclusive culture and an exciting social calendar.
The office has a great location in Orpington which boasts:
• Free on-site parking
• Local amenities (gym, shops, restaurants & pubs within walking distance, opposite a golf course)
• Great outside space
Flint Insurance is an equal opportunities employer