We are recruiting a Drivers Mate to join our expanding Transport department at our brand new and expanded site at Aylesford.
What does the job involve?
• Assisting drivers in the delivery of fresh produce, dairy and other ambient products to multiple customers on designated routes within London and surrounding areas
• Ensure orders are loaded correctly before departure
• Ensure deliveries are made in a timely manner and excellent customer service is given to the customer – as the face of our business it is essential
Key Skills / Experience
• Reliable and professional
• Strong communication skills – as the face of our business it is essential that we recruit staff who are able to provide an excellent service to our customers
• Integrity / Strong work ethic
• Ability to build positive working relationships with colleagues and customers
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
• Adaptable and able to make decisions
• Shift pattern with a fortnightly rota. You will work 6 shifts per week, Monday to Saturday. Average of 48 hours per week. Start and finish times vary depending on route.
• London and surrounding areas
Watts Farms is a family-run business which covers 10 sites in Kent, Essex and Bedfordshire. Supplying 600 high end restaurants and hotels in London and Home Counties on a daily basis, we employ nearly 350 people. We sell around 3,000 product lines including fresh produce of which a number are grown on our own farms.
What we can offer you…
• 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
• Referral scheme
• Pension Auto Enrolment
Employment Checks will include Drugs & Alcohol test