Childrensalon is now recruiting for a full time Outlet Merchandise Buyer. We are looking for an enthusiastic and professional individual to perform a variety of tasks to support our Merchandising Department.The ideal candidate should have good oral and written communication as well as strong time management.
This is an exciting and varied role that requires an entrepreneurial-minded individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment but can remain calm under pressure and make commercial decisions quickly.The role would be suited to a merchandiser with an eye for product, or a buyer with merchandising skills.
The Outlet Merchandise Buyer will contribute to the continued success of the Childrensalon Outlet by developing buying strategies alongside the Merch Manager, driving sales, stock turn, and target margin through sourcing and developing new and existing supplier relationships and stock opportunities.
The individual will be expected to be able to negotiate the best deals for stock and make on the spot commercial decisions to bring the best products and value to the customer.
- As part of the merchandising team you will work closely with the Merch Manager and other members of the team and cross functionally with -
other departments to meet Company goals and objectives.
- Sourcing new suppliers and stock opportunities, as well as maintaining relationships and developing opportunities with existing suppliers.
- Negotiating and buying stock to ensure the balance of target margin achievement, and customer’s needs, whilst working within budgets. ------- Allocating stock buy quantities to store.
- Analysis on range, pricing, margin.
- Review product lifecycles and plan promotions and markdowns.
- Work with warehouse and admin with resolving stock queries and managing open orders.
- Any ad hoc duties that may be required.
- 3+ years merchandising or buying experience in a fast-paced fashion environment; experience with childrenswear, outlets, and ecommerce is
- Experience in a multi brand environment is a plus.
- Must have strong analytical, commercial, strategy and planning skills as well as strong negotiation skills whilst keeping in line with
Childrensalon’s core values.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Office: Strong skills in Excel, Word, Outlook.
Other valuable skills to include: Problem solving, Retail Maths, Accuracy and attention to detail, Ability to prioritise and multi-task.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested, please apply via the apply online button with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us.