Job Title: Trainee Metrology Technician
Location: Knight Optical (UK) Ltd, Roebuck Business Park, Harrietsham, Kent, ME17 1AB
Salary: Negotiable subject to experience (Plus Bonus)
Contract: Full time
Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm
An exciting opportunity for a Trainee Metrology Technician to work in a fast-growing company based in the U.K with a newly-established U.S.A office. This is a highly technical field that offers the opportunity to work with some of the biggest and most cutting edge technology and aerospace companies in the world.
This position requires a Trainee Metrology Technician to work in a state-of-the-art metrology laboratory.
Full training will be given.
The successful candidate will need to be professional, passionate, and have a proactive approach to carrying out wide array of tasks when necessary.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Testing optical components to specification
• Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment
• Generate detailed test reports and communicating this both internally and externally
• General upkeep of the laboratory
Qualifications and experience:
• Demonstrate high levels of organisation and prioritisation
• Demonstrates good problem solving skills
• Ability to learn technical specifications/drawings. (Training will be given)
• Genuine interest in science and technology.
• Good listening skills.
• Keen to learn.
• High attention to detail.
• Exceptional organisational skills.
• Able to work to deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent administration skills.
• Ideally be educated to degree level in a scientific field but A-level or equivalent in a science related subject will be considered.
• Experience of manufacturing, reading technical drawings, AutoCAD.
• Science/Engineering Graduate.
• Good communication skills
• Proficient in MS applications, especially Excel
• Excellent telephone manner
• SAP Business One (Training will be given)