Based in East Kent, our client are seeking a Quality Engineer with experience of handling supplier: issues, improvement and evaluations within a manufacturing environment to join their expanding team.
The Quality Engineer will report to the Quality Manager and will predominately be supporting supplier issues & improvements, carry out supplier evaluation, to identify and prioritise concern suppliers, parts & processes, and maintain on-going performance and promote use of best practice to eliminate the root cause of recurring problems.
* qualified to HNC or HND standard in a Quality, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering discipline;
* qualified Internal/External Approved Auditor;
* a 6 Sigma certification would be an advantage.
* understanding of ISO 9001 / 14001 / 18001.
* experience as a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing environment;
* experience of using FMEA & 8D processes;
* identifying problem areas using data analysis with focus on defect prevention;
* knowledge and understanding in process audit, analysis and the ability to develop and implement robust counter measures;
* thorough understanding of manufacturing drawings and specifications which link to required process controls;
* experience of dealing with Supplier issues, onsite and at supplier destinations;
* experience of AS9100 an advantage.
Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be eligible to, and be comfortable to, obtain security clearance to SC level.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975. Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all. Twitter: @nagforjobs