Junior Web Designer
Our client is a successful web design company, with over 20 years of experience in both the public and private sector. They are expanding in reaction to their clients’ needs and they continue to promote a team ethos - making it a friendly and supportive company to work for. They thrive on establishing open dialogue with their customer base and therefore try to promote a relaxed but productive relationship with their clients.
They now require a Junior Web Designer to join their team. They are looking for someone with a passion for all things creative; who will be working closely with the front-end developers to create innovative designs and produce new concepts to cater for their variety of exciting clients.
The candidate must have experience in web design and creating bespoke responsive designs, as well as an understanding of UX and usability. Although web and digital will be your main priority, you will get the opportunity to work closely with the marketing team on the company branding and some clients may require print design and branding.
Skills and experience required:
- Digital design degree or equivalent experience
- Strong skills in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of responsive design
- Email design - Conceptual skills
- Design for print and branding
- Has a strong portfolio of design for desktop, tablet and mobile
- Quoting design time for jobs
- Understanding of web standards
- Having input into the company’s marketing and social media strategy
- Creating wireframes
- HTML and CSS knowledge
- Experience with Sketch
- Illustration skills
- Knowledge of designing for parallax sites
- Knowledge of Zeplin
- Time management
- Ability to manage and prioritise your workload and updating your timesheets regularly
- Ability to work within a team
- Able to juggle multiple projects at any one time
- Ambitious and wants to learn more and develop their skills
- Working closely with the project management and development staff
Salary: negotiable for the right candidate.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 08.30 to 17.00.
Due to location, your own transport is essential.