Assistant to Clerk
The post holder is expected to:
• Have excellent people skills, including the ability to work with Councillors, members of the public and third-party organisations and other members of staff.
• Be proficient with the use of email, Microsoft Word, Excel and other Office applications
• Be confident in managing website and using social media accounts
• Be flexible to attend meetings, consultations, information events and other events for, or on behalf of the Parish Council
• Be well organised and able to meet deadlines
• Be willing to undertake relevant training sessions and acquire the necessary professional knowledge required to efficiently carry out the role.
1. To prepare, in consultation with the Clerk, agenda for the Parish Council meetings and Committee meetings, some of which may takes place in the evenings, and help implement actions from meetings.
2. The office is the first point of contact for residents, visitors, which can be via email, telephone, letter or face to face, and to deal with enquiries as appropriate. If needed visit site to follow up an enquiry.
3. To maintain and update the Parish Council website, all social media such as Facebook and Twitter, and update and refresh parish noticeboards, to ensure the Council is presented in a constructive and appropriate manner, and that all information is accurate and current.
4. To help with the editing of the Parish Newsletter
5. To have an understanding of the Council’s account, and to have the ability to input data and generate reports using the Council financial software package Rialtas Business Solutions (RBS).
6. To conduct routine administration for the Council, as instructed by the Clerk, and to implement the decisions made at the meetings of the Parish Council and Committees.
7. To act as a representative of the Council as required by the Clerk.
8. To help setting up and running events on behalf of the Council.
9. Any other reasonable request made by the Clerk, for which you have the training and/or the capability to do.