An exciting opportunity for a Quality inspector to work in a fast-growing company based in the U.K with a newly-established U.S.A office. This is a highly technical field that offers the opportunity to work with some of the biggest and most cutting edge technology and aerospace companies in the world. This position requires a Quality Inspector to assist in inspecting and packing of the QA department’s optical components.
You will be trained to become an expert in ISO10110, MIL-0-13830B and BS standards to ensure that all precision optical components are measured and inspected correctly to specification. Working with the QA department and purchasing/procurement departments to aim for a 0% reject rate.
You will also be responsible for inspecting and packaging of precision optical components, prioritising despatch to both the USA and UK customer base, whilst managing stock control. This is a hands on position that will require being actively involved in the day-to-day running of a busy QA department.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Inspect to optical component drawings/specifications.
• Support Quality Control/Despatch and Metrology Team.
• Maintain and manage customer delivery dates.
• Select and book courier service.
• Efficient communication in both the USA and UK teams to include interdepartmental relationships.
• Work to improve quality and efficiency at all times.
• Prioritise and maintain supplier quality and delivery.
Qualifications and experience:
• Ability to learn technical specifications/drawings. (Training will be given)
• Genuine interest in science and technology.
• Good listening skills.
• Keen to learn.
• Good eye for detail.
• Exceptional organisational skills.
• Able to work to deadlines.
• Efficient communication skills.
• Excellent administration skills.
• Experience of manufacturing, reading technical drawings, AutoCAD.
• Science/Engineering Graduate.
• Knowledge of Word
• Knowledge of Excel
• Knowledge of Outlook
• Good communication skills
• Excellent telephone manner
• SAP Business One (Training will be given)