Leading boutique firm of Architects in West Malling are looking for an Architect or Architectural Technologist to join their progressive team. The company have a very strong track record of delivery for partnering high end property developers to create beautiful schemes with their contemporary designs.
In this newly created role, the Architect/Technologist will have responsibility for end to end processes from concept to completion for both residential and commercial developments. This will include initial consultation with client, concept designs, submitting planning applications, drawing detailed design, following through to build completion.
Detailed duties include;
• Measured Surveys
• Concept designs and feasibility studies
• Planning applications, including drawing, submission, co-ordination of planning application process
• Detailed construction drawings
• Use of Auto CAD, SketchUP and Photoshop
In order to be successful in the role, candidates must be confident in their ability to see each project from initial stages to completion and take full ownership of tasks thereof.
• 5 years PQE with RIBA or HNC/D
• Full understanding of building regulations and planning policy for both residential and commercial property
• Ability to independently create designs using Auto CAD, SketchUP and Photoshop
• Self motivated and trustworthy to be able to manage own workload independently
• Confidence and gravitas to lead client meetings to ascertain expectations
• Car owner/driver to attend meetings
The role is highly autonomous. It is an excellent opportunity for an Architect to demonstrate their flair for design and have the responsibility to manage their own portfolio within this progressive practice.